Dec 4, 2016
"Champagne and scrambled eggs for
- The personal war diary and letters
home from Major Petch offer a unique glimpse into the lives of the
British soldiers during Dunkirk in 1940.
- "It'll all be over when it gets hotter" was the prevailing
- This changed in a matter of days as the weather did get hotter
but the soldiers began a desperate fight for their lives in
the face of Hitler's blitzkreig.
- A dramatic blow by blow account of the Major's writings.
- Would they get off the beaches at Dunkirk?
- Furious - Fascinating - Funny.
The first in a special WWII Dunkirk series.
Recommended that you also listen to Podcast Episode 1 in this
series - Bill Cheall's story of the beaches.
Great unpublished history!
Show notes at
Please rate and
review - Thanks!
Subscribe - don't miss
Please note that photos below may or may not display depending
on which listening platform you’re using